Natural or Organic Cosmetics?
Although most consumers around the world use standard cosmetics, confident in their safety and efficacy, the global market for “natural” cosmetics is growing rapidly, and this seems to be not just the result of good marketing. Many of the ingredients of conventional day care products are significantly blamed for a multitude of problems and this is something that is increasingly communicated to the general public. However, it seems difficult to distinguish which cosmetic product is truly ‘herbal’ or ‘natural’ and even more so how to distinguish it from the corresponding ‘organic’ (or halal considering no alcohol is included or tested in animals). Given that the “herbal”, “vegetable οrigin,” or “organic” designations we see on cosmetic packaging are a key differentiator of a product, it is good to know some basic facts before making our choices:
1- Herbal oriented Cosmetics: Almost all so-called “natural cosmetics” belong to this category. Their active ingredients are natural substances, but their excipients (that is, all other ingredients of the product other than pure active ingredients) may contain significant amounts of synthetic substances. The percentage of herbal substances in cosmetics in this category usually ranges from 10% -90%, but never reaches 100%.
2- Natural or Herbal Cosmetics: This includes cosmetics with a large number of herbal ingredients. In the official ranking, on a scale of 1-10, with an increasing degree of naturalness, cosmetics of herbal origin, namely those of the preceding category, are classified as 1-5 and purely herbal as 5-10. The higher the degree of naturalness, the less the chemicals involved.
Biological or Organic Cosmetics
And… 3- Biological or Organic Cosmetics: These are purely herbal cosmetics whose herbal ingredients have been cultivated, produced and certified in accordance with international regulations on the methods of production and certification of organic farming products. In addition, as defined by the regulations of international certification bodies, they do not contain any suspected chemical active ingredient or excipient. Depending on their content of organic ingredients, they are separated into “herbal cosmetics with organic ingredients” and into purely “organic cosmetics”.
As we understand, the presence of ‘herbal ingredients’ in the composition of a cosmetic does not automatically make it safe and effective. More and more companies in the broad or selective cosmetics market include small amounts of vegetable oils or herbal extracts in their product compositions, but their composition does not really change at all. For example, a moisturizing facial cream – otherwise chemical-containing 5% almond oil – is enough to call the end product ALMOND SOURCE CREAM – which immediately changes the consumer’s attitude towards the product !
Cosmetics with certified organic ingredients and certified organic cosmetics clearly outperform “herbal cosmetics”, as they contain no embodied substance or excipient in their preparation, nor chemical residues from the cultivation of organic plants. Thus, their use is completely safe for the human body and does not harm the environment.
At AEGLI-PREMIUM ORGANICS founders leverage nature’s high intelligence and the power of science to soften the signs of time. Product ingredients are organically certified by international organizations, contain no preservatives or excipients, dermatologically tested formulas and are completely environmentally friendly. Nature knew the answers to prolonging youth long before man began looking for them. Aegli, one of the four daughters of Asclepius, symbolizes health, radiance and natural beauty, which ensure the enduring glamor of well-being.
Organic Products Superiority
Most of us do not know organic cosmetics very well and some of the information below may not be familiar at all. However, it is important in the choices of daily care products that we take into account the many chemicals that it comes into contact with and absorbs our skin daily, when, without a second thought, we apply every commercially attractive cosmetic we are sure of its safety and effectiveness.
According to research conducted by EWG – The Environmental Working Group in cooperation with the European Commission, the following is happening:
- Personal daily care products are manufactured from about 10,500 different chemical ingredients, many of which are suspected of allergies, respiratory problems, dermatitis, effects on the hormone and reproductive system, nervous and immune system toxicity, potential carcinogenicity, and carcinogenicity.
- On average, 9 different personal care products are used daily by men and women, with 25% of women using 15 or more products daily. They contain 126 different chemical components, about 60% of which are absorbed by the skin. A woman swallows about 6 pounds of lipstick in her lifetime! 61% of lipsticks contain lead.
- Studies by international organizations and organizations promoting environmental and consumer protection blame the chemical constituents of major cosmetic industries for water and soil pollution, capable of even deregulating the hormonal system of animals that live freely in nature. In particular, Greenpeace points out that in addition to the plastic packaging of cosmetic products, the plastic molecules present in many of them (especially in peeling products) are extremely dangerous to the ecosystem and are not removed in wastewater treatment plants.
- The European Union, being strict on cosmetic matters, has since 2003 compiled a list of chemicals that are prohibited from being used in the manufacture of cosmetic products. Their number today, after the 2013 revision, is 1,328. (European Commission – Cosmetics Directive 76/7682012.) The US FDA has prohibited or restricted the use of only 11 !!! (Cosmetics Ingredient Review report – CIR 2012.) In the European Union, the SCCS (Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety) gives opinions on specific ingredients at frequent intervals and the list of suspicious ingredients is published each time.
- US companies are not allowed to sell in the European Union products containing banned ingredients or ingredients suspected of causing cancer or genetically modified products. That’s why big multinational companies with major cosmetics brands under their umbrella are launching the same product with a different recommendation for the US than the European market!
Indicatively, 22% of personal care products, including those intended for children, contain carcinogenic 1,4 dioxin. 60% contain oxybenzone, a substance that penetrates the skin and causes hormonal disorders
Common daily products components to be blamed: PARFUM, PARABENS, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, PHTHALATES, SILICONES, ΠΕΤΡΟΧΗΜΙΚΑ, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PEG (Polyethylene glycol), EDTA (Ethylenediamine tetraacetic acid), DEA (Diethanolamine), BHT / BHA (Butylated hydroxytoluene / Butylated hydroxyanisole), ΑCRYLATES, CARBOMER, ALUMINUM (Aluminium allantoinate, Aluminum carbonate, Aluminium chloride), TRICLOSAN.
Thousands of new chemicals have been widely discovered and used in the last 60 years, and most of their effects on the human body are still unknown
These substances, found in food, personal hygiene, the environment, and the atmosphere, are absorbed by the skin and the airways. It is certainly not accidental to increase, at the same time, various diseases, from mild allergic reactions to neoplasms.
AEGLI-PREMIUM ORGANICS fosters a wider lifestyle change and is compatible with the modern holistic approach to beauty and health.
only biologically or organically certified active ingredients
At AEGLI-PREMIUM ORGANICS:
• It is used only biologically or organically certified active ingredients from several areas of the planet. The choice is not to use ingredients because they are ‘fashionable’ in the cosmetics field, but having studied their potency and their problems. Aegli-Premium Organics does not make any claims for the sake of impressions, which of course are always at the expense of the consumer.
• AEGLI-PREMIUM ORGANICS products are dermatologically controlled o No animal experiments are carried out in the testing process.
The products don’t include Parabens, Mineral oil, Petrolatum/Parafin wax, Silicones, Propylene glycol, PEG, SLES, ALES, Sulfates, EDTA, Phthalates, Alcohol, ΒΗΤ / BHA, Imidazolidinyl urea, Diazolidinyl urea, Αcrylates, Carbomer, Aluminum, Ethanolamines, Triclosan, synthetic fragrances, genetically modified ingredients.
Beautiful skin is healthy skin!
The History of Aegli-Premium Organics
”As a doctor, nutritionist and homeopath I am quite familiar with the refreshing and therapeutic properties of plants. I am also well aware that among the ingredients contained in standard cosmetics there are many suspicious, many suspected and many banned. However, the impressive promises of the flagship beauty brands have never left me to think that the use of their highly studied products was not a one-way
In my work I meet daily women with sensitive skin, but also women who have developed a particular skin sensitivity over the course of their lives! For those, and for all people who recognize the natural tendency and protection of themselves and the environment as a real need, turning to not just herbal but so-called organic or biological cosmetics is the best option. Consisting of organic crops, they contain no embodied chemicals or excipients and are certified by international organizations. They do not disturb the skin and their ingredients are absolutely safe!
The idea for aegli-PREMIUM ORGANICS was based on the fact that we have the right to use pleasant and effective cosmetic products, without sacrificing these features in the safety altar. Our goal is to create organic cosmetics that do not contain any harmful chemicals, have a natural aroma, texture and application that is in line with the requirements of modern reality. Suitable for the woman who loves to grow beautiful, but also every person with sensitive skin, allergic tendency and people who after a strong dermatological or systemic treatments are particularly sensitive to the skin. With co-founder of Aegli Elena Pavlakis and partners we studied herbs from biodynamic crops in particular regions of the planet and applied the most innovative technology in the field of organic cosmetics. No animal experiments are performed, only natural preservatives and fragrances are contained, and the active ingredients are based on, in vivo and in vitro, clinical studies and potential claims. Elder Gold from Kythira, Rhodonero from Kozani, Basil from Crete, Shikakai from India, Schisandra Red Berries from China, Medicago Sativa and many more improve skin tightness, firmness and elasticity, increase collagen production, and have an anti-wrinkle effect equal to that of retinol!
Aegli-PREMIUM ORGANICS is a Greek company. It has been named after the mythical Aegli, daughter of the god Asclepius, a symbol of shine and beauty that comes from good health! We are inspired by the Greek fascinating flora and the richness of global biodiversity and are constantly seeking information from around the world that will help us to make good use of the power of nature and the ability of science.”
Errica Papavenetiou, MD – CoFounder, CEO
Healthy beauty is the natural tendency of man and carries a happy path to prosperity.
Axiom by ECODNA.ART
Nomadic Lifestyle Blog & Mobile Magazine and Life Daily, by the Global Visionary Citizen Maria Bakalakou, a Seanomad in Bohemian Living, in care of Peace and Multiculturalism, Planet’s Sustainability through Evolutionary Projects. Superyacht Frantic & Pro supporting interfaith initiatives, solidarity, sustainable communities.
Follow @ecodna.art in media to join our multicultural community
Bridges in cultures and coexistence. Human Solidarity. Modesty, tolerance, knowledge. Coexistence and Sustainability. Good health & Peace upon you!
According to Value Market Research, the latest technology trends and global market opportunity analysis in the Premium Cosmetics Market industry growing with a high CAGR in the upcoming year. Our report has categorized the market based on technology, service, development, vertical and region. https://www.valuemarketresearch.com/report/premium-cosmetics-market